Governor Dayton signs bills"MN Governor"
Governor Mark Dayton has signed the following bills into law:
· Chapter 258, House File 1607, establishing an Advisory Committee on Capitol Area Security and authorizing the Minnesota State Patrol to provide security and protection to Supreme Court Justices, legislators and Constitutional Officers (other than the Governor) for a limited period, in response to a credible threat on the individual’s life or safety.
· Chapter 259, House File 2638, modifying portable electronics insurance sales provisions. This bill passed the legislature with unanimous support.
· Chapter 260, House File 2705, clarifying real estate closing agent licensure requirements.
· Chapter 262, Senate File 2324, related to satellite system contractors and installers licensure and regulation.
· Chapter 263, Senate File 946, establishing a pilot project for school districts to share resources and provide innovative education programs and activities.
· Chapter 264, Senate File 2493, the Legacy Bill, modifying certain provisions and appropriations to the outdoor heritage fund, clean water fund, arts and cultural heritage fund, parks and trails fund, and environment and natural resources fund.